Dentistry going digital
The lifestyle field has grown considerably as people have gotten more comfortable with technology in their lives, everything from living their lives through smartphone apps to wearables that monitor steps taken and heart rate.
Dental impressions are 1 reason to make anyone hate going to the dentist. If you’ve ever needed a crown bridge, or veneer, then you’ve experienced the discomfort of a dental impression. It’s pretty difficult to wait for those 2-5 uncomfortable minutes for the gooey material to set.
But it’s the 21st century. There’s got to be a better way to do dental impressions, right?
Digital impressions represent cutting-edge technology that allows dentists to create a virtual, computer-generated replica of the hard and soft tissues in the mouth using lasers and other optical scanning devices. The 3Shape TRIOS dental intraoral scanner is a 3D scanning tool that is redefining the fundamentals of digital impression performances in the dental industry.
The intraoral scanner is an electronic device that reproduces in 3D images, the anatomical structures of the cavity, allowing to create a digital document for the dentist to be ready to work thereon.
What is the intraoral scanner used for?
They can be used for:
- From single tooth to full mouth cases of crowns & bridges, veneers, dental implants
- Smile makeovers
- Full mouth or bite rehabilitation with implants/crowns & bridges
- Digital dentures – partial or complete
- Multiple kinds of dental prostheses
- Invisible braces/ orthodontic treatment
Key advantages that the intraoral scanner offers to the dental treatment:
- Improved image/impression quality for better-fitting restorations
- Less chair time
- No need for distasteful impression materials that cause some patients to gag
- More comfortable, less anxious experience for patients and the dental team
- Reduced possibility of impression-taking errors and elimination of material inaccuracies for fewer restoration mistakes
- Patients tend to appreciate the new technology and state-of-the-art dental care, so they become more engaged in, and better informed about, the treatment process because they can see their impressions on-screen chairside.
- The scan of the teeth being restored, as well as the opposing teeth and bite, can be completed in just three to five minutes.
- The digital impression can be stored electronically indefinitely, which saves space, contributes to efficient recordkeeping, and supports a paper-free environment.
- Green dentistry and eco-friendly
As a patient, what’s in there for you?
Consumers are shopping at the speed of digital transformation and expect their products to be delivered just as quickly.
2. Lesser dental visits
3. High accuracy
Restorations made from 3Shape TRIOS dental intraoral scanners are faster, accurate fit and require less adjustments. These scanners have the ability to measure the shapes of teeth for digital precision while also highlighting details with the incorporation of high-level HD pictures in the 3D model. The precision of 3Shape TRIOS dental intramural scanners reduces the necessity for remakes and patients’ visit to a dentist can easily be minimized.
4. Movements during chewing can be checked digitally before fabrication of the dental prosthesis, hence increasing the accuracy of the treatment. It not only saves your opposing teeth from undue forces, it also helps your masticatory muscles & your TMJ joint in the long run. It also delivers optimal forces to your bone in more extensive cases.
5. Improved Dentist-Patient Communication
The 3Shape TRIOS dental intraoral scanners allow dentists to display a patient’s 3D-impression of their teeth on a screen soon after the scan is complete. After seeing an up-close view of a digital impression, patients can grasp a far better understanding of the condition of their teeth. The scanner also develops impressions in fully color to assist the dialogue between the dentist and his or her patient, and improve treatment.
All in all an absolute win-win situation for the patient – high-end technology giving high accuracy fit dental restorations over decades is always a great deal.
SmilePRO Success Stories – What Our Customers Says About their Experience
Goa Branch: Anxious UK national here for some teeth whitening whilst vacationing at Goa. She has been doing her whitening annually. After clinical examination, we suggested her a smile makeover with porcelain veneers. Initially scared with a permanent & more extensive change, with detailed discussion with our Smile PROfessionals & seeing our other cases, she was convinced to go ahead. Everything planned – digitally preplanned alongwith patient acceptance, teeth preparations & digital impressions done. With prior coordination with our lab, she received her CAD-CAM temporaries 2 hrs later. She couldn’t imagine by lunch time she was walking out with her 1stlook though in temporaries.
2 days later she had her trials – good to go for the dental surgeon & patient. The next day, finals were cemented.
She couldn’t believe how smooth everything went. She was overjoyed beyond imagination not only for the results but the whole process too.
Pune Branch: A young female, super scared of dentists, having put off almost all her dental problems with pain-killers & procrastination. Presently, with unbearable pain she had to take the concrete steps. Extractions, root canals, replacements were planned in step-wise manner. But before all of that her extreme fear of any dental work, for apprehension & her gag reflex, had to be overcome. Her first appointment, she was shivering through the 30 minutes but braved on. Slowly with single-sitting root canals with the help modern technology at SmilePRO, she became more comfortable. [Well the patient mentioned the single-sitting & being painless too helped her majorly ; technology is always beneficial] Her gag reflex was easily solved with our 3Shape TRIOS digital scanner…all tooth measurements for caps/bridges were a breeze for her. All done now & happily smiling again, she now appreciates & understands better her teeth condition. She takes more care & not scared anymore.
Better Quality Impressions and Restorations
Come experience the digital way of dentistry at SmilePRO with 3 shape TRIOS.
3Shape TRIOS is one of the leading digital scanners in the world. Not all digital scanners are the same – 3Shape has very high accuracy compared to others.
A meticulous team at SmilePRO alongwith highly trained dental lab technicians with the latest 3D printers & milling machines & digital planning skills gives you the best possible treatment outcome!!!